[Traverso-devel] AudioClip edit widget

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip edit widget
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:10:52 +0200

Hi,

> What I would like to have is the possibility to change most of the
> parameters of a clip numerically. E.g. opening a clip editor which allows
> to set:
>
> - start position
> - length / end
> - gain / normalize value

Makes sense to have those of course, anything else that could be added ?

> - fade length / mode / strength / bending

The clip edit widget is most likely to be used when either you need to rename
the clip for example, or when it is too small to edit fades....
But wait, when you edit mode/strength/bend values from the clip edit widget,
you have NO CLUE what you're doing because you don't see what happens with
the fade, nor do you have audible feedback!!!

I suddenly am much less hasty to continue the creation of the clip edit
widget, at least for the fades section!
If anyone could enlighten me why this still makes sense ??

> Being able to enter these
> values numerically is important IMHO.

I do agree, but should it be done from a widget somewhere ? Length OK, perhaps
shape, ok, but bend/mode/strength, me doesn't think so.
Also, wouldn't it be much easier to enter numerical values when doing an [
F ] ? ( So I can spend my time on implementing that, instead of creating tons
of GUI code, which is the nature of using comboboxes, sliders, lineedits, and
so on...)

Greetings,