Re: [Traverso-devel] traverso 0.41.0-rc

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] traverso 0.41.0-rc
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:52:37 +0200

Hi,

> Regarding sox:  should I build it with LAME support?
> I recall that there are some patent issues with lame.  Darn patents...
>
> There's also flac and mad.  I'm guessing that mad is in the same
> situation as lame, while flac is probably freely distributable.

It's not important for now since libsndfile doesn't suppport those formats
(except flac, but it's rather unstable when used in Traverso), so none of
those type of audiofiles can be imported in Traverso, and there will be no
need for sox to support them.

Hopefully this will change in the future!

Regards,