Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: My recent audio file changes

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: My recent audio file changes
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:27:40 -0700

Yet another update / self-reply:

I think it's still a good idea to give Peak it's own
ReadSource to avoid extra seeking when zoomed into micro mode.

Peak now does get its own ReadSource (plus a bit of code to prevent
infinite recursion of ReadSources within Peaks within
ReadSources...etc.)

 - mp3 peaks are slightly off position from audio and micro-view waveform

This is still happening... no idea why yet...

 - resampling needs a lot of work still, although it does basically
work if you follow my directions from before...

Trying out resampling is now even easier.
cvs update, make, run traverso, quit, edit Traverso.ini to set:
  DynamicResampling=true
instead of the default of false.

- For now, Peaks need to be rebuilt for files that are being resampled
- If you change the audio device sample rate:
 - you should close, reopen traverso (or probably just reloading the
project is fine)
 - you'll also have to change the clip lengths since those don't
scale with the samplerate yet

And I've finally fixed all of the crash bugs I know about!  :)  So if
you find any more (no, please don't!!) then please let me know so I
can fix them.

Ben