Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs

From: David
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 01:27:14 -0700

On 8/12/07, Taj Morton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello All,
> Ben and I were talking about making mad, libvorbis, libFLAC, etc
> optional at runtime (soft-linking them) with Relaytool. I made the
> changes necessary, but had a few questions about what should be made
> --
> Taj
> http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/blog

Hello
These changes have stopped the macos builds.

I end up with a src/traverso/Makefile that contains the following
(line trimmed for brevity):

'''
LIBS          = ..... -DlibFLAC_is_present
-DlibFLAC_symbol_is_present(sym)=1 -DlibFLAC_is_present
-DlibFLAC_symbol_is_present(sym)=1 -lFLAC ....
'''

Of course, the shell/make doesn't like those parenthesis.

This is of course coming from src/traverso/traverso.pro:

        LIBS += $$system(relaytool --relay FLAC -lFLAC)

Here's the output of `relaytool --relay FLAC -lFLAC` on my system:

'''
-DlibFLAC_is_present -D"libFLAC_symbol_is_present(sym)=1" -lFLAC
-DlibFLAC_is_present -DlibFLAC_symbol_is_present(sym)=1 -lFLAC
'''

I don't see how that's ever supposed to work, given the parenthesis.
Am I missing something?  I didn't think gcc lets you #define symbol
names with parens either.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Perhaps
this is because I only installed the apbuild package and don't have a
full autopackage installed?

Once we clear this up I should have a qt-4.3.1-based build ready to go.
I tried disabling relaytool on osx since we're providing pre-built
binaries anyways but that didn't build either.

I'll try my best to answer any questions you have promptly.  I'm
usually only around in the evenings (pacific coast time), though, so
my responses will likely include some latency.

Thanks in advance,
--
    David