Re: [Traverso-devel] new themes

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] new themes
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:20:29 +0200

> Hah, that looks fabulous! It looks much more profi now :P

Thanks. The default theme looks nicer, but due to the white backgrounds
everywhere I find it hard to identify the different regions.

> > ~/.traverso/Traverso-DAW directory, then go to traverso -> preferences
> ->
>
> Minor thing, it should be ~/.traverso/themes

Ah, ok. Don't know why, but I had them in the other path.

> > P.S. They only work with CVS, not with the stable 0.41.0 release.
>
> Oops, faster faster Remon, fix that recording stuff, we need a new release
> :D

Hehe, my words! Although I didn't change the way gradients are stored in the
theme file yet. (Remember? You suggested a different method, but I didn't have
time to implement it yet.)

> One thing that again becomes clear is that my screen has a much higher
> contrast then many other (TFT) screens, the name medium-contrast only
> applies
> when I set the "adjust-theme-color" to 115% !
>
> But since most screens seem to have lower contrast by default, it's
> perhaps
> better to just ignore me and my screen LOL :D

Hey, we can have as many themes as we like. Should I make a "medium contrast
for Remon's screen"? We could also add a galery to the website. OTOH I think
I'll have to give it another overhaul, because there are still some elements
left which are not fully themeable.

> The gradient filled audioclips consume quite a bit cpu ....
> I'm afraid the only way to get rid of high cpu load is to use triple
> buffering, at least when moving clips around.
> Anyways, something for later :)

I tried rendering the gradients to pixmaps before painting, but it didn't help.
(Re-rendering was only done when necessary, of course.) It seems as at the
moment only solid colours should be used.

Cheers
Nic