Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs

From: David
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:51:40 -0700

> Also, the final link line should have -lFLAC, etc added to it (from
> the !unix line in traverso/traverso.pro:173).
>
> Could you send me the Makefile that qmake generates for
> audiofileio/audiofileio.pro and traverso/traverso.pro?
>
> Thanks!
> - Taj

Thanks so much for your help, Taj.

We never hit the !unix { } sections on osx (on osx unix == true).

But, I think I know why it's failing now!

This is soooo stupid.

% which foobar
no foobar in /shared/apps/bin /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin
% echo $?
0

That's just wrong.  "which" isn't setting a non-zero return code when
it can't find stuff.  I'm going to go and see if I can download gnu's
version of "which" since that'll probably fix it.

Changing:

    system(which relaytool 2>/dev/null > /dev/null) ...

to:

    system(test -x `which relaytool` 2> /dev/null > /dev/null) ...

in the audiofileio.pro file does the right thing here.

The manpage for osx's "which" mentions nothing about return codes.  On
my debian system it does, though.  This seems like a stupid bsd-ism.

What do you guys think?  Should we require some gnu tools to build
traverso on osx or should we work around it by using the test -x
`which ...` workaround?

If we feel like working around it I can go ahead and get a patch
together.  Let me know what you think.

--
    David