Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs

From: Taj Morton
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Relaytooling Audio Libs
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 07:41:19 -0700

Hi Nic,

On 8/18/07, Nicola Döbelin <address@hidden> wrote:
> But relaytool is unable to find the FLAC libs:
>
> 192:~ nicoladobelin$ relaytool --relay FLAC -lFLAC -L/usr/local/lib
> could not find FLAC in search path
[...]
> 192:~/develop/traverso nicoladobelin$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/ | grep FLAC
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel   787216 Jul 13 18:55 libFLAC.8.0.1.dylib
> lrwxr-xr-x    1 root  wheel       19 Jul 13 18:55 libFLAC.dylib ->
> libFLAC.8.0.1.dylib
I think that it's because relaytool doesn't know about shared libs on
the Mac (it looks for files that end in .so, not .dylib). Also,
relaytool might be seeing that it's not on an ELF platform and
attempting to bail out.

In the future, I hope that we can make relaytool work on Mac. In the
mean time, just delete the relaytool script and it should
automatically be disabled.

- Taj

--
Taj