Re: [Traverso-devel] Incremental backup solution

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Incremental backup solution
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:07:29 +0200

Hi,

> Is the backup done only on the XML file or on the audio sources too?

Only on the xml file, running it on the audiosources isn't very usefull, they
don't change (and if they do, the backup will take very long to finish...)

> I really don't think you should depend on Python. If you still choose to
> use rdiff-backup, make sure it's optional (if no python is installed,
> disable the feature).

It will not be a dependency at all, if the program isn't installed, the backup
solution will not be available/shown.
Python is installed on many systems, but for those where it isn't installed
it's indeed a huge 'dependency'.
So a similar program that doesn't depend on python would be favorable....

Greetings,