Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:40:38 +0200

Hi,

> I just got a soundcard with 6 outputs (Terratec Phase 26)

Congratulations with this card!

> which I was
> hoping to use with Traverso so I could mix up to 6 signals in my
> outboard hardware mixer. But when choosing "Busses" for a track in
> Traverso all choices I got is "left, right, both".

Ah yes, currently only the Capture Buses can be selected per channel or both
channels.

> Are there any plans to support multichannel soundcards?

Most of it is in place, but was hoping to add more sophisticated routing
abilities and output bus selecting  at the same time

> I'd suggest to keep the left,right,both but also add a menu for 1/2,
> 3/4, 5/6, and so on according to the number of output channels of the
> soundcard.

So, what you want is selecting the output (playback) bus for your hardware,
and either playback on the left/right or in stereo (both) channel(s) ?
That would be easy to implement, I've allready updated the GUI part:
http://traverso-daw.org/screenies/screen51.png

Hmm, perhaps adding a (1/2) after bus 1, and (3/4) after bus 2 is what you
want to see?
Makes sense indeed.

Regards,