Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:40:56 +0200

>> So, Master Out is the same as Playback 1 except it goes through the
>> Sheet gain? In that case, I think you should skip Master Out and have
>> only Playback 1,2,3,etc and either put one sheet gain controller for
>> each bus, and/or apply the single Sheet Gain to all busses.
>
> No entirely, Master Out is a dedicated Bus used to mixdown all the Tracks.
> The
> Playback X buses are the 'real' buses, in case no real hardware bus could be
> found, Master Out will be used as fallback.
> It's also used as the render Bus for the Sheet....

Hmm.. Doesn't the Playback X busses mix tracks? I mean, if I have two
stereo tracks and choose "Playback 2" on both of them, won't they be
mixed together on playback bus 2? If not, I think this should be the
case. :)

Which bus to render could later be choosen: the export dialog would ask
what bus to use, and even have the ability to export multiple busses
either to a single soundfile (if the fileformat supports more than 2
channels) or to multiple stereo/mono files. This would be very handy if
working with surround audio, for example... But for now, the export
could be hardcoded to use the first bus.

--
/Jonatan - http://kymatica.com