[Traverso-devel] cmake build files in cvs

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] cmake build files in cvs
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:00:51 +0100

Hello all,

Although cmake build files don't contain all the options of the qmake build
files yet, I figured it might be nice too let you play with it :)

Too make it work with the qt moc stuff I had to change the location of some
files/classes a bit.
The .pro/.pri files are updated, and it works fine again here when using
the ./cleancompile script.

Using cmake is as simple as running:

$ cmake .

Afterward you only have to run make, or make -jX (X >= 2) if you want faster
compilation (assuming you've a dual core or similar)

Running ccmake . (note the dot) you get a ncurses based gui, to toggle or
modify some parameters.

The packaging with cpackage doesn't work yet, if anyone knows what is missing
currently in the CMakeList.txt files, I'll happily accept patches!

The intention is to use cmake instead of qmake in the not so near future,
cmake offers better build options, the proper creation of a config.h,
dependency checking and so on, packaging of archives, and deb/rpm/other
packages. (when we can get it working of course :D )

If you happen to use KDevelop, I recommend to do a clean checkout, and run
this first:

$ cmake . -G KDevelop3

Which creates a kdevelop project file for you (cmake tries to keep the
kdevelop project file up to date for you)

Greetings,