Re: [Traverso-devel] on the fly resampling

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] on the fly resampling
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:30:49 +0100

> Hi remon,
>
> Ahhh, of course.  I understand.  How annoying!  :P

:D

> I agree that there's not much reason to allow this.  Although I would
> love to have a timestretch feature!  :)  We could also use
> libSoundTouch to alter tempo and pitch separately...  But I guess, not
> for this release!  :)

Yeah, it's not an easy feature to deal with....

> But back to the current issue:  I think it would be fine to force
> resampling.  I don't think it's worth the effort to keep supporting
> the non-resampling pathway.  There would be a lot of bugs to work
> around...

Hmm, OK. Well, we also could just leave it as it is now, the default is to
convert to the proper samplerate anyways, and if a user wants to disable it,
the audio does playback at the wrong speed, and will sound a bit choppy....

Thanks for the feedback,

Remon