Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:44:44 +0100

Hi Nic,

> Ok, I found a pretty nasty one. Try the following:
> - new project
> - import a stereo wave file to track 1
> - export it as mono/44100/16 (mono!)
> - import the mono file into the same project, behind the stereo file on
> track 2
>
> You will notice that any mono file is only played back on the left channel.
> Furthermore, if mono and stereo files are mixed in the sheet, you will hear
> a strong buzz while the mono file plays.
>
> Can you confirm that?

Ah, excellent catch, I'm getting old, I knew about the mono only playing on
one channel, will look into that. But I'm not sure about the buzzing and/or
if it has to to with the export to mono or mixing mono-stereo clips.
Thanks for catching this!

> > * Translations: The manual is being worked on, or at least that's planned
> > ? At least a start can be made to update the translations of the User
> > Interface. (If anyone want's to work on those, let me know please)
>
> I'm working on the english manual ATM. I'll also update the german
> translation of the manual. Does anyone want to help me with the english
> one?

My english isn't very good, but for a change it's perhaps good for me to work
on that stuff too. Any specific areas that need to be updated ?

> And do you have someone for the german translation of the GUI?

Will ask in the #traverso irc channel, that sometimes works very well ;)

> > * Themes: new themes were added, but some new theme variables were added
> > also, so some tweaking to the theme files would be great.
>
> Are my themes (ubuntu, medium-contrast) ok? If not, can you give me more
> information about what's missing?

The play cursor is black and imho ugly, maybe it's due a missing color ?
Also, most audio applications use _red_ for the playcursor, what about
switching to red for the playcursor, using a fixed color ?
I've added a couple of new colors (Marker end) so these need to be added to
the themes as well.
And perhaps a bit of polishing, dunno.
What would be nice too I think is when users start Traverso from Gnome, that
the ubuntu theme is used instead of the Traverso-light one?

> Can't wait for the next release. Christmas will be spectacular this year.
> KDE4 *and* Traverso 0.42.0!!! :D

:D

Greetings,