Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:45:14 +0100

Hi Remon,

Am Samstag, 24. November 2007 10.44:44 schrieb Remon:
> Ah, excellent catch, I'm getting old, I knew about the mono only playing on
> one channel, will look into that. But I'm not sure about the buzzing and/or
> if it has to to with the export to mono or mixing mono-stereo clips.
> Thanks for catching this!

Both bugs are fixed. Mono is played back on both channels, and the buzz is
gone. Thanks a lot.

(There's a missing #include <QPair> in core/DiskIO.h in cvs at the moment.)

> > I'm working on the english manual ATM. I'll also update the german
> > translation of the manual. Does anyone want to help me with the english
> > one?
>
> My english isn't very good, but for a change it's perhaps good for me to
> work on that stuff too. Any specific areas that need to be updated ?

I realized that it isn't that much to change at all. I updated the compile
section and added a section about the default recording format. I'll see that
the screenshots are up to date and in English, and probably the export and
CD-burning sections will change a little due to new formats and dialogs.
Anything else I should mention?

I think I can do it alone, but I would appreciate if you could review it when
it's done.

> > And do you have someone for the german translation of the GUI?
>
> Will ask in the #traverso irc channel, that sometimes works very well ;)

Ok, but if noone volunteers, let me know.

> > > * Themes: new themes were added, but some new theme variables were
> > > added also, so some tweaking to the theme files would be great.
> >
> > Are my themes (ubuntu, medium-contrast) ok? If not, can you give me more
> > information about what's missing?
>
> The play cursor is black and imho ugly, maybe it's due a missing color ?
> Also, most audio applications use _red_ for the playcursor, what about
> switching to red for the playcursor, using a fixed color ?
> I've added a couple of new colors (Marker end) so these need to be added to
> the themes as well.
> And perhaps a bit of polishing, dunno.
> What would be nice too I think is when users start Traverso from Gnome,
> that the ubuntu theme is used instead of the Traverso-light one?

I'll add the missing colors, but if you have ideas for polishing, feel free to
apply them. As for Gnome, AFAIK the brownish colors are Ubuntu specific, so
the Ubuntu theme would probably look out of place on other distributions.
This screenshot shows Fedora 8, I'm not sure if it's the default look,
though:

http://images.gfx.no/341/341240/nodoka-draft_c.png

But using the ubuntu theme as default in an ubuntu package would be nice
indeed.

Cheers
Nic