[Traverso-devel] Time indication in Timeline and postion indicators

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Time indication in Timeline and postion indicators
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:29:35 +0100

Hi all,

It's all about time, no ?

And time can pass by withouth notice, even beyond the 100 minutes border. In
that very case the MarkerDialog no longer gets it, since the Position
line-edit has a mask that only allows 99 minutes max.....

So that's fixed now by adding the hours part, like: 04:20:10,34 (4 hours, 20
minutes, 10 seconds, 34 frames, the MarkerDialog uses CD time format)

However, should we use an hour indication in the TimeLine and Position
indicators as well?
I've a test project here with a 104 minutes long Clip, and somehow 104 minutes
sounded much shorter then 1 hour and 44 minutes....
And another that is about 9 hours long (just for the fun of it, using the w64
format), and although I admit it might not a common scenario, hundreds of
minutes looks weird, in contrary of showing a couple of hours as time
indication ?

Thanks for your time,