Re: [Traverso-devel] Time indication in Timeline and postion indicators

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Time indication in Timeline and postion indicators
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 20:20:12 +0100

Hello Frederick,

Nice to see another person on this list, welcome!

> > And another that is about 9 hours long (just for the fun of it, using the
> > w64 format), and although I admit it might not a common scenario
>
> Not as uncommon as you might think, especially in radio broadcasting.  :)

Good to know!

Feel free to throw suggestions, wishes, comments etc into the mix, since
Traverso seems to have special interest from radio broadcasting people!

> Thanks for handling it, Remon...

Heh, I'm trying, but what would you prefer? Just like it is now, minutes as
largest time entity in the TimeLine/Position indicators, or when minutes > 60
adding an hour part ?

Just so you know, the current canvas only allows to show up to 400 minutes of
audio when zooming is 1:1 (one sample is one pixel). This of course goes up
with every zoomstep, so 1:2 allows up to 800 minutes, 1:4 1600 minutes and so
on.
Dunno if sample accurate editing is usefull/needed for such long
clips/track/sheet anyways ?

Thanks for the feedback,

Remon

> | "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of very, very long cat.  You pull    |
> | his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles.  Do you    |
> | understand this?  And radio operates exactly the same way:  you send    |
> | signals here, they receive them there.  The only difference is that     |
> | there is no cat."                                                       |
> |
> |                  -- Albert Einstein, upon being asked to describe radio |

LOL