[Traverso-devel] Crackles and glitches problem

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Crackles and glitches problem
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:53:25 +0100

Hi list,

I've investigated this problem I noticed only last week. To a degree, this
seems to happen back till Traverso 0.30.0, specially when using a very low
latency.

Could be that I've always thought it was due the alsa driver or whatever
missed sometimes a sample due this very low latency setting and forgot about
it, but the VU meter also gives spikes at times, but they are not audible,
whereas the audible spikes/glitches don't show up in the VU meters....
Besides that, it happens randomly, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Whatever the problem is, it has been there all the time, and nobody
complained :D

Due that fact, I think it's not a release showstopper after all, though it
needs to be solved obviously.

Please let me know what you think!

Greetings,