[Traverso-devel] waveform caching

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] waveform caching
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:42:06 +0100

Hi,

I've uploaded a very simplistic waveform caching to cvs. If you'd like, please
test it out, and let me know what the difference in performance is, what your
cpu load is for xorg vs traverso with and without.

For testing without, edit src/songcanvas/AudioClipView.cpp line 281, and
change from true to false and vice versa.
Obviously, compile in release mode, and when testing, make sure no 'header' of
the clip is visible (that shows the info like name of clip, gain rate) else
you'll measure text rendering as well.

Test case: [ G ] on a clip.

Greetings,