Re: [Traverso-devel] 0.42 Issues

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] 0.42 Issues
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:53:22 -0800

On Dec 27, 2007 12:28 PM, ben levitt <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >  - I kept wanting the arrow keys to auto-repeat.  Holding down an
> > > arrow key should either scroll continuously or in steps, but it
> > > shouldn't just move one step and then be done.  Remon, any suggestions
> > > on the best way to implement this?  A separate hold command that
> > > animates a smooth scroll until the hold finishes?
> >
> > Hmyeah, it's only an issue with the arrow keys, right ? Or would there be
> > scenarios where other keys also would have to honor auto-repeat ?
> > A separate hold command for this then would indeed be perfect. (Starting the
> > shuttle, rather trivial to implement)
>
> Cool!  Maybe I'll look into how to make this trivial patch.  :)

Done!  The speed stays constant right now, which I think is fine.  If
people want more control they can use the shuttle.

> > >  - While dragging a clip, we really need a way to also move all the
> > > clips on the right of that clip.  Remon and I were talking about using
> > > < D F > for this.
> >
> > [ D F ] you mean ?
>
> Oops, yes [ D F ]   :)

I realized that when dragging all future clips, we should also move
all future Markers including the End marker.

Another possibility would be to instead create a separate command that
acts not on a clip but on the Sheet.  It would move everything in the
sheet that is after the starting mouse position.  (Just Clip starting
positions and Markers I think...  Not clip ends.)  It would sort of be
like inserting or removing time from the Sheet at that position.
(Hmmm...  should it move all clips with start times after the mouse,
or with end times after the mouse?)

I'm thinking that this might make more sense than further overloading
the Drag Clip command...

> > >  - Often when playing a clip for the first time, it fails to actually
> > > play(!)  Especially when starting it from the middle with a seek.
> >
> > Can you reproduce it, and can you tell me then ?
>
> It happens just about every time.  I have a mix-cd sheet that has
> whole songs faded into each other sequentially. If I middle-click
> (touch playhead) in the middle of a song that I haven't played since
> starting up traverso, it will play silence until I seek a 2nd time.
> Then that song will play fine until I restart traverso.  This seems to
> happen for all clips.  At least long ones.

Fixed!  I think the code is now more correct (initiallizes ReadBuffer
with m_needSync = 1 instead of 0.)

Ben