Re: [Traverso-devel] line based audio painting in cvs

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] line based audio painting in cvs
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 20:25:57 +0100

Hi Remon,

Am Montag, 7. Januar 2008 19.27:36 schrieb Remon:
> I've committed line based audio painting, you can toggle between polygon
> and line based painting in the Appearance page, preferences dialog, it's
> called 'paint audio with outline' which is what the effect is of polygon
> based painting vs line based painting.
>
> Of course, I would like to know if it works for you, and whether it's
> faster, or not :)

Remember that I had performance problems with very long recordings a few days
ago? They are still there, no matter which drawing mode is active. Every
action requiring a redraw of the audio clip (dragging, gain, or just
soft-selection) lags about 1 sec behind the cursor. According to top it's a
problem with X, as I can easily saturate the CPU with X by moving the cursor
on the screen and causing a lot of soft selections. It doesn't matter how
long the displayed region is. The clips I was using were only 3 minutes long,
but their source files were > 1 hour.

A more serious problem, however, is that I can't import any audio files into
an empty project ATM. The program just crashes, with the output shown below.
It only happens when the project is empty, but since I don't have a project
containing an audio file, I'm stuck.

id is 1198444431204721918
WARNING: ResourcesManager::get_readsource(): ReadSource with id 0 is not in my
database!
Unable to lock memory
ASSERT: "!isEmpty()" in file /usr/lib/qt4/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 246
Starting to shutdown AudioThread..
AudioDeviceThread finished, stopping driver
Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::canUndoChanged(bool)
Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::undoTextChanged(QString)
Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::canRedoChanged(bool)
Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::redoTextChanged(QString)
Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::indexChanged(int)
Object::disconnect: No such signal QObject::cleanChanged(bool)

gdb says "No stack" when I try to make a backtrace. I'm using Mandriva with Qt
4.3.1, and it worked flawlessly until today (no updates of Traverso-relevant
stuff in the meantime).

Anything I can do to help tracking the bug down?

Cheers
Nic