Re: [Traverso-devel] supporting non qwerty layouts

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] supporting non qwerty layouts
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:08:36 +0100

> IMO the best solution would be if keymaps could be loaded at runtime (maybe
> this works already).

This indeed works allready.

> We could add some of the popular ones (e.g. the
> regular qwerty, a qwertz for Swiss/German layouts, and your fancy one), and
> in addition it would be easy for the users to customize their layout.

hollunder (Phillip) has a qwerty keyboard layout, but uses a different mapping
named NEO

In essence the keyboard remains a qwerty one as far as I understand it, so
creating a different keymap doesn't work. E.g. Using the G for Gain remains
as it is, and the G is located right of your left pointing finger. But not so
with the NEO layout, where it is mapped somewhere to the right of the
keyboard

Might be a non issue though, but it might be nice for people using this kind
of weird keyboard mappings.

For those that have a different layout that's hardware based, like qwertz it's
of course up to someone to write a keymap that fits the layout more. Anyone
volunteering ? :D

Greetings,