Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:38:13 -0800

On Feb 8, 2008 11:26 AM, Remon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Indeed, so my idea is just to improve the current html format a bit, and add a
> print dialog with about some 2-3 buttons to alter the backgrounds image and
> font parameters.
> The cool thing about using css as the 'layout system' is that one can create
> fairly sophisticated layouts with just one piece of html code, and they can
> be added by whoever wants to hack another stylesheet.

Hmm, that actually sounds very cool.  :)  And like a very
efficient/expandable way to implement this.

> > I guess I feel like we should focus on polishing up the audio editing
> > user interface before we add cool extras like this...
>
> Sure, if I didn't have wasted 2 hours today to print that #&(address@hidden
> cover from
> within the Gimp hehe.

:(

> The good thing about it is that I used Traverso for some simple project now,
> and one of the things that were missing is a simple way to move one clip over
> a long distance, hence the somewhat 'fancy' feature 'Zoom during clip move'.
> Another one is the Marker editor dialog, which is very broken. I like to add
> an < E > on Markers itself, which shows it's Edit dialog to modify its
> position(?) and description.

That'll be really nice.  Plus editing the track marker names in place.  :)

> Another one: [ M ] which does: add Marker _and_ move, since I happened to add
> markers with < M > but wanted to adjust its position by a tiny bit, and to do
> so I had to point to the marker moving the mouse to the timeline, result:
> counter productive :(

Good idea.  Now that I think about it, [ M ] is noticeably missing
right now...  And easy to add!  :)

> Also highly missing is clip selection, and moving the group of selected clips.
> Very usefull is the Fold Sheet/Track, but it makes the audiothread stall here
> at times, which is TREMENDOUSLY BAD!

Hrm....  oops.   :P

I'll try to find time to help with some of this sometime soon...

Ben