Render range (Was Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover)

From: Remon
Subject: Render range (Was Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover)
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:29:37 +0100

> And one more thing I noticed today:
> It would be really nice to have a way to export just a certain region.
> The only real way to do that currently is to delete everything else.

Uh? If you mute AudioClip(s) (which is what you mean with regions, right?)
they are left out of the rendering process.
So if you have 4 clips in a track, and mute the first 3 clips, only the fourth
will be rendered, and thus the render range has become the range of the
fourth clip.

> Hackish ways I tried:
> If you put the region on a separate track and mute all others the
> length of the file is still defined by the end of the last region, even
> if it is muted.
> Putting the selected region on a different sheet doesn't work either
> (or I couldn't find out how.

Sounds like a contradiction as to what I typed ^

Are you really sure about this? Or are we talking about different things?
If not, please file a bugreport, since it's supposed to work as I described
above.

Regards,