Re: audio restauration - was Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover

From: reinhard
Subject: Re: audio restauration - was Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:36:31 +0100

Am Monday 11 February 2008 21:50:15 schrieb Remon:
> > apropos polishing:
> > did you guys noticed my comment about exporting markers(s) to files(s)?
>
> ehm, where?
>
> > This would be pretty helpful for people digitising her analog records
> > (vinyl). Also great if there would be a plugin to clean the recordings!
>
> LOL, that's not exactly polishing, but a brand new feature :)
>

> I guess, if that program works fine, it would be easier to first record the
> whole vinyl into traverso, run the cleaner over it, (re) load the file into
> traverso, add markers, track names etc, and burn it to cd, or export to
> some compressed format.

yep,good idea, I can work this way in the meantime.

But what about the feature to export all markers, or just some, which has to
be selected in a dialog, to different files?
Where the names of the files should be adopted by the names of the markers
(uuhhh, bad english I think)
I mean: the user has to fill out the marker dialog (title, performer,...) and
finally he can choose which markers and which parameter (title,
performer,...) should used to be exported.

So, as I said, or not, in some mail I had sent to someone out there, or not ;)
I think this seems to be a gap in the market - at least for linux...

> There is another (or also this program?) that detects vinyl track changes,
> and adds markers to easily digitize vinyl recordings. That might be also
> very handy as a Track plugin in Traverso!!
> (and much more doable at this very moment)

yes, would be nice to have, although you convinced me that this seems really
just some stuff to polish up later ;)

greetings
reinhard