[Traverso-devel] Interested in getting involved with Traverso developmen

From: Rick Peacock
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Interested in getting involved with Traverso development
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:49:34 +0100

Hi,

I've just discovered Traverso after looking for a free audio editor to use at my work. I have to say I'm blown away by the quality and useability - the ability to edit audio on the fly and the contextual keyboard interface is fantastic and has huge potential. The more I used it the more I wondered why all apps don't work like this, and have always followed the keyboard is faster than mouse philosophy.

The reason for this post, apart from to praise and pass respect to the developers, is I would very much like to get involved with the development of this project. I haven't worked on an open source project before so don't know how you go about these things - I hope this post is the right way. I have 5 years part-time software development experience using C++, Objective-C, OpenGL, Core Audio, DirectX on OS X and Win32. I mainly develop now on the Mac. I have 10 years experience working in music technology education using all the major commercial DAW's so know what makes a good DAW, from my opinion and observing students working with them. From this experience I think I could offer help programming, ideas for features/structure, graphics, testing and documentation.

I look forward to hearing on how to proceed!

Regards,
Rick.