Re: [Traverso-devel] Some work on AudioClipView

From: Peter Hoppe
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Some work on AudioClipView
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:27:53 +0100

Yes, I know that documentation always lags. Recently I worked on a larger java
project and guess what - the
documentation got done last! Oh well - as long as it's done at some point. Of
course, what I wrote was on a best-guess
basis, it needs to be reviewed. I'll attempt to document at least the files I
work on (existing ones and new ones).

I should think its better to re-use existing commands/concepts as much as
possible. However, this may get tricky when we
implement actions as compound commands, (e.g. cutting part of a clip by using
several 'atomic' commands like
split-split-move). This may blow up the history list. I'll have to think about
it. What am I saying - my brain's already
smokin'

I had a short read of the suggested post and will look into it in detail as I
go on. The descriptions given here are
already _very_ helpful, thanks for taking the time to explain it in such detail!

Concerning submissions, I'll happily submit diffs. As far as I know I create a
diff from a command line by issuing the
command:

diff {new-file} {old-file} > {diffout-file}

and then attaching {diffout-file} to another mail. Is that the way I should do
it or should I use another way of
invoking diff?

Thx v much!