[Traverso-devel] Traverso, A/b

From: Anthony Bisset
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Traverso, A/b
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 23:10:21 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings.

I just want to say I'm very impressed with Traverso so far.  I would like
to help see this design become more widely used so I will offer some
time to your team.

My background,

Since 2000 I created DSPaudio, Nortron & iCE.Tools and also worked on
FLAW & IT3 (both canceled projects, but lots of design experience and
ideas came from these).

These days I'm performing improvisational music professionally and have
lots of recordings to edit each week, sometimes 20 hours of music in a
single week, so i'm looking for the fastest workflow and traverso is
pretty good so far!  I could use pro-tools, but I like being connected to
my process rather than using 100% commercial software & I like to help
build and shape what software I'm using as I work... So I want to give
your team feedback & maybe help out some.

I'm using 30 or 40 different music software tools since 1997 including all
the high-end DSP (Symbolic Sound Capybara 320 / Kyma, Nord Modular
v1 & 2, Max/MSP, Oberheim Xpander, Yamaha VL1 & VL1m, K5000, Sunsyn,
FR777, 303, Serge Modular Gear, etc, etc.)...  I've owned the above
and much more and also design some hardware these days for my live
performing system. I have a fan base in one country so far and am
expanding to Europe and America in 2009 and 2010.

enough!

I just wanted to explain I have years of experience and am also
working with some famous engineers and performers so I will try to bring
solid feedback to your development process for traverso.

I'm trying out traverso 0.42 and it's a really clean design and I love the
simplicity.  Of course I'm catching bugs and will report them in future
emails.

How active is the development list?  How many people are working on the
product now.  Do you check the code into cvs somwhere?  Who is doing the
web page and manual (they both could use some edits, mostly the web page,
but I found some small improvements for the manual).

Take care friends,
Anthony Bisset