Re: [Traverso-devel] Getting a new release ready

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Getting a new release ready
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 10:19:44 -0800

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Remon Sijrier <address@hidden> wrote:
> If there are any particular features you worked on that need
> testing/debugging/polishing please do so, and update the Changelog with the
> new features you added.

I added and made some recent changes to the Fold Track/Sheet/Markers
commands.  It would be great if everyone could test those out.  :)

> What I'm working on now is getting the basic AudioClip Selection feature to
> work solidly.
> For that I'd like to know if you guys think if it makes sense to make Clip
> Selection un/redoable. That is if you select a clip or multiple ones, you can
> makes sense, and it currently is broken (i.e. in combination with
> copy-clip(s) it generates 'ghost' clipsviews at times)

I agree that selection changes should not be un/redoable.  I think
users are used to selection being separate from the undo stack in most
desktop apps.  And I still like the plan of only putting commands into
the undo stack if they are commands that are capable of changing how
the sheet sounds, or where markers are.

> There is a problem with the painting of the canvas, a regression introduced
> with Qt 4.4.x, Qt 4.3.x works fine afaics, please let me know how and if it
> works for you, and which Qt version you have.

For the windows and mac binary releases, we could build against 4.3,
if that helps.

> A port of the coreaudio driver is in the works, if you really want to see that
> work finished, please let me know, would be a nice addition imo!

I think this would be super cool, but I think it's probably lower
priority to most people since PortAudio seems to work fine.  Although
I haven't tried it for recording yet, just playback.  Does the
PortAudio driver have any real problems right now?

> I tried to ready the CMake build files to cross compile traverso for windows,
> but that failed (compilation went fine, but the link step can't find the
> libraries).
> If any of you knows how to deal with cross compilation and letting the linker
> know which libs to link too, would be great!
> (In other words, how to setup the environment for cross compilation)

Hmmm...  I used to have this working with qmake, but I think with
CMake I've only built windows builds in windows.  (Speaking of which,
have you tried using VirtualBox to run a windows vm for compilation?
It's opensource and seems to work very well!)

> Well, that's it for now I think, have a nice day!
>
> Remon

Happy 2009,
Ben