Re: [Traverso-devel] getting closer

From: hollunder
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] getting closer
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 03:19:38 +0100

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:47:45 +0100
Remon Sijrier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Finally found the cause of the painting issues when using Qt >= 4.4,
> the fixes are uploaded to cvs, the play cursor no longer leaves
> traces of itself on animated scroll, the animated scroll itself has
> been made more reliable as well, and the playhead now is centered
> during playback when the user zooms in beyond a certain level.
>
> Also the ability to load a different language (then the systems one)
> at startup, however, I need to add a language select button still to
> the preferences dialog, but I've no clue where to place it, anyone?
> (what about adding it also to the dialog that is shown when starting
> traverso for the first time?)
>
> Stuff that needs to be done includes upgrading the lv2plugin to use
> the latest slv2 lib (lots of api changes there :-( ), and probably
> adding some features to the clip selection (like adding support for
> [ E ] and [ G ] if it's not too much work).
>
> Nicola: thanks for updating the manual, I noticed you set the version
> number to 0.5.0, makes sense to me, using 0.5.x for using stable
> updates, and 0.6.0 for the next release, up till 1.0 :)
>
> I'm btw terribly busy at work, so it still can take some time before
> I can create a -rc. (do we need one?)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Remon

This is sounds like really good news to me.
I'm compiling right now and will have a closer look tomorrow.
I think we should try to test on cvs, make a rc, test this and release
it if it has no issues. If the rc has issues, fix it and make another
rc, and so on.
If cvs testing is good enough one rc might be enough.

Best regards,
        Philipp