Re: [Traverso-devel] Demo Projects

From: plutek-infinity
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Demo Projects
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 20:16:59 -0500

>From: Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>

>It should be relatively easy to add a menu to Traverso which shows available
>demo Project which can be downloaded by Traverso itself (Qt makes this very
>easy)
>
>If you guys think this isn't a good idea, or have suggestions, please let me
>know.

i think there *needs* to be an option to disable this, or to compile without
download support, for two reasons:

1. i would consider it "bloat" to be adding *any* network functionality to DAW
software -- any potential for performance penalties or security risks due to
something like this would be most unwelcome by those of us who maintain lean,
DAW-specific machines.

2. some of us routinely operate in environments without networks available so,
again, it would definitely have to be at least switchable, and preferably
removable.

surely the interest in demo projects can be met by downloading them separately
and then opening them in traverso?

cheers!

--
.pltk.