[Traverso-devel] using git / QtCreator

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] using git / QtCreator
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:19:10 +0100

Hi devs,

An irc visitor (Ingmar) asked if we had a git repository which we don't have.
He explained why he likes to use git and I quickly got interested, as git
allows for very easy branching and merging of branches.

In case you don't know git, the idea is that unlike cvs one can have as many
local/remote branches that can be worked on, and when a particular feature
(== branch) works out well, it can be pushed to other branches, like the
master one on savannah.

It allows for far easier maintenance for the stable releases (the .x
releases), which are a pain to realize with cvs (I never managed to get that
working)

So I intend to switch over to git after the next release, but I obviously like
to know if you guys want to work with git as well.

Then I recently discovered QtCreator, the C++ IDE from QtSoftware (former
Trolltech) and it really rocks!
Better then KDevelop, cleaner, faster, very nice code browsing, code
completion, integrated git support and to a degree cmake.
It's slated to be released march this year.
Definitely worth a look, certainly for the nice integration of QtHelp,
QDesigner, and the support for git/cmake.

Just wanted to let you know!