[Traverso-devel] Another status update

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Another status update
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 00:37:06 +0100

Hi devs, translators, testers,

Some work was done today on getting traverso cvs closer to release.
This includes: Cleaned up Preferences Pages in the Preferences Dialog,
importing of latest slv2 release source into  traverso source tree, and
updating the lv2 plugin class to use it, and a bunch of fixes for regressions
that were introduced by external dependencies (like sox for example)

Remaining items are: Testing, just everything, not only new features,
translations, and packaging for linux (autopackage?), mac os x and Windows.
Volunteers for the autopackage/Windows builds?

There is basically one thing that needs some love, though not mandatory for
the next release, and that's polishing the 'Selection of AudioClips' feature.
But perhaps we should leave that for another incremental release :-)

Regarding the release numbering, 0.5.0 could become a problem, as it is
actually a lower release number, and when counting upwards we'll cross
existing release numbers.
So I propose we stick to the current release numbering, which makes it also
easier to release more often with minor feature enhancements, else we'll be
at 1.0.0 very soon using 0.6.0, 0.7.0 etc numbers ;-)

So in short, please test cvs, and report anything that looks like a serious
bug!

Regards,