Re: [Traverso-devel] git

From: Ingmar Vanhassel
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] git
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 23:14:02 +0200

Excerpts from Remon Sijrier's message of Tue Jun 02 21:58:33 +0200 2009:
> Hi devs,
>
> Ingmar has been so kind to setup git for us, and my intend is to use it from
> now on.
> Thanks a lot for the effort Ingmar!

My pleasure :-)

Here are what you'd use to clone these repositories, for users &
developers respectively.
git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/traverso.git
git clone ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/traverso.git

To push you need to use the ssh:// protocol.

The traverso-docs repository will be forthcoming when the savannah
admins have approved & added this repo, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/2009-06/msg00025.html

> The intend is to have the master branch as clean as possible, and push only
> fixes and small feature enhancements into that. New feature development or
> intrusive changes can be done on local branches, until it is considered
> mature
> enough, and be pushed to either the master branch, or push your local branch
> to savannah git directly so others can follow your development from there,
> and
> make suggestions, test it etc, then it can be pushed to master from there,
> and
> removed.
>
> This way it should be possible to have the master branch in a state where it
> should be easily releasable.

++

> If you have questions how to use git, ask Ingmar ;-)

Feel free.

http://git-scm.com/documentation has a few links to good tutorials to
start out with

Regards,