Re: [Traverso-devel] Audio I/O dialog, and internals

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Audio I/O dialog, and internals
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:08:36 +0100

Hi,

> > I.e. is the AudioIO configuration per Project or per Sheet?
>
> I would say the bus setup should be configured per Project, and the Sheet
>  only assigns busses to tracks. That would allow to create busses for all
>  instruments in the project once and they would be available in all sheets.

That's what I thought too.

> > Do we want autoconnect work in jackdriver ?
>
> Definitely yes. IMO not at least connecting the master out to system
>  playback_1 and _2 is a very efficient way to scare off first-time users
>  ;-)

Yeah, I know. On the other hand, the 'jack people' think it should _not_ be
configured by default by an application, but should be left to ladi or qjackctl
or whatever.
And imho first time users should not start using Traverso in combination with
jack :)
But I agree, it's convenient to have the option available, but rest assured
Philipp, it'll be configurable of course :)

> While we're at it, I'm still stuck with a problem in the AudioIODialog: I
> can't figure out how to uncheck a checkbox in the matrix when another one
>  is toggled. Do they emit signals? Or is it possible to use radiobuttons
>  instead of checkboxes in a QTableWidget? I hope one of you Qt cracks out
>  there can give me a hint.

Well, a RadioButtonBox has this enabled by default, or something... Let's see
what the docs say...

Ah, here it is: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qbuttongroup.html

And, ehm, by retrieving the QModelIndex of each cell with a QRadioButton in
it, and then retrieving the 'QWidget' of that cell by using the QModelIndex,
you have the QRadioButton object as a QWidget pointer, then cast it to a
QRadioButton with qobject_cast<QRadioButton>(theQWidgetFromTheQModelIndex) and
the adding all of these from one row in the matrix to a QRadioButtonBox.....

Somehow I think this can be done different and simpler :)
(Something that has to do with using a couple of QGridLayouts embedded in a
QVerticalLayout, and adding a bunch of QRadioButton's and QLables in them...)

But that probably could turn into a mess also, but honestly, I don't get a
***** from these QTableWidgetView/Item/QModelIndex/CRAP stuff.
Sorry for the rant, but I'm too stupid to understand this part of the Qt
library, it's way too complex imho.

Greetings, Remon