Re: [Traverso-devel] Simple bug fix proposal for crash on insert silenc

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Simple bug fix proposal for crash on insert silence <IO> command
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:08:17 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Remon Sijrier <address@hidden> wrote:

> There is another type of clip coming as well, the metronome clip. I haven't
> thought it out in detail, but my feeling is that it makes sense to create some
> sort of AbstractAudioClip or AbstractClip (BaseClip, something like that)

BaseClip sounds good... or just Clip

> where AudioClip, MetronomeClip, SilentClip etc inherit from.
> This leaves the individual foo::process() implementation to do funny things,
> like nothing for a spacer clip, too generating the metronome pulse thing etc.

Makes sense

> Everything that has a dedicated Editor can be opened with < E >
> So try < E > ing on everything you want to 'edit' (say changes the name)

Gonna try it... haven't Traverso installed at work so can't play with
it now. I'm still learning how to use Traverso and there are still
many features and commands i haven't tryied yet ;-)

> Probably with a similar approach to how we handle Clip Selection? More or less
> replacing the Track with a TrackGroup consisting of 2 copies of the original
> track?

Didn't play with TrackGroup yet... but sounds good.

> Changed it in git to:
>
> < I S > Insert Silence (or to be named: Insert Spacer)
> < I O > Open Audio IO dialog

Good

Cheers,

/Martin