Re: [Traverso-devel] Simple bug fix proposal for crash on insert silence

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Simple bug fix proposal for crash on insert silence <IO> command
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 14:17:23 +0100

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > There is another type of clip coming as well, the metronome clip. I
> > haven't thought it out in detail, but my feeling is that it makes sense
> > to create some sort of AbstractAudioClip or AbstractClip (BaseClip,
> > something like that)
>
> BaseClip sounds good... or just Clip

Yep

> > Everything that has a dedicated Editor can be opened with < E >
> > So try < E > ing on everything you want to 'edit' (say changes the name)
>
> Gonna try it... haven't Traverso installed at work so can't play with
> it now. I'm still learning how to use Traverso and there are still
> many features and commands i haven't tryied yet ;-)

Heh, yeah, I was playing a bit with it too, and I noticed that setting the
playhead/workcursor needs some refinement.
In that process I discovered the 'playhead to previous/next snap pos' and
'playhead to Marker' features. I completely forgot they existed :D

> > Probably with a similar approach to how we handle Clip Selection? More or
> > less replacing the Track with a TrackGroup consisting of 2 copies of the
> > original track?
>
> Didn't play with TrackGroup yet... but sounds good.

You mean ClipGroup? TrackGroup doesn't exist yet. In Traverso you can 'hard
select' audioclips, a better name would be 'adding to group and removing from
group' but the S key (Select) made still sense.
The ClipGroup can be moved, removed and copied.

Have fun!