Re: [Traverso-devel] Crash on export

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Crash on export
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:31:11 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Remon Sijrier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Martin!
>
> Thanks for pointing out the problem, I only noticed it yesterday, but couldn't
> find the problem, and had no time to investigate further.

yes i noticed it quite a few days ago but before filling a bug report
i wanted to investigate a little... and it took some time as it
crashes only at a later stage as a consequence of the data
overridding.

> Your fix of course works, I was wrong to remove the resizing of the render
> buses in Sheet::set_buffer_size(), thanks a lot for finding the culprit!

My fix worked up to git's version dated around 8th of february. Then i
adapted the patch to use the new SubGroup but then it crashed again...
resizing also the playback bus made it even worse (project couldn't
even load).

I just tested the newest git version and it still crashes on a
floating point exception when rendering... guess it's the same
behaviour as i had yesterday when trying the patch against newest git.

I'll try to take a look again tonight after the band rehearsal.

> I've re-added those, so please make sure you undo your local changes so the
> next git pull doesn't get messed up.

I used a dev branch to play with it, so no problem.

> There for sure will be a couple more of these bugs when we move towards a more
> complete implementation of audio io routing, i.e. sending audio data from one
> bus/track to another. (so still very basic but of great value to make Traverso
> a swiss knife among the daw 's :D )

We'll test it trough using it ;-)

Have a nice weekend

/Martin