Re: [Traverso-devel] copy = move !YIKES! [RETRACTION]

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] copy = move !YIKES! [RETRACTION]
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:01:18 +0100

Hi,

> sorry about that... it *looked* like that's what was happening, as i
>  followed the process in one filemanager. in fact, the original files are
>  still intact.

:D

> there were other problems, however:
>
> out of 179 files, only the first 39 imported successfully. the remainder
>  are at severely reduced level (sndfile-info shows level between -40 and
>  -60, for files which were actually in a healthy -6 range), and one, which
>  started ok, went to a looping small segment of the file after the first
>  1-1/2 minutes.
>
> wierd... anyone else seeing issues with the new project file importer?

Nope, though I didn't import that many files with it. If you import the files
by hand that failed with the automated import, does the same happen? (just try
one or 2 you know that failed with the automatic import)

We're using sndfile for reading files that are supported by sndfile (doh) and
with the new project import files function we're just reading through the
file, and writing it to the new location, meanwhile generating peak data to
display the wave form.

So to encapsulate the problem, we need to make sure that traverso is able to
play the files by not importing them via the new project routines.

Hope I made my point clear.

Thanks for trying out Traverso from git!