Fwd: Re: [Traverso-devel] copy = move !YIKES! [RETRACTION]

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Traverso-devel] copy = move !YIKES! [RETRACTION]
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:53:33 +0100

Hi Peter,

Glad you solved it!

I just for fun (and debugging) tried to do something similar, importing a
bunch of flac/ogg/etc files, 113 totals, and they all imported fine here.
Playing them back all at once was to much for my hard disk.
Playing back 60-80 stereo tracks at once my hard disk was unable to keep up at
all times, I suppose this is a limitation of using just one SATA hard disk. :D

> one question out of all of this:
>
> the maximum vertical track zoom gives us the largest available vertical
>  waveform view, right? i.e. there's currently no vertical waveform zoom
>  within a given track height, or a logarithmic waveform view? when trying
>  to see what was actually present in the low-level files of the failed
>  import, i could have used more vertical zoom. i do also frequently deal
>  with material which requires operations on sections of waveforms that will
>  be hard to see with the current display.

Painting the waveform, particularly the code that deals with this is still not
to my liking. Painting the waveform at different levels of detail is well, not
at the top priority, but I agree it should be implemented. As soon as I feel
ready again to tackle the waveform painting code, your feature could be added
as well.
Could you please file a bug report so it won't get forgotten? Thanks!

> sorry for the false alarms.... cheers!

No problem!

Greetings,