[Traverso-devel] track gain automation

From: plutek-infinity
Subject: [Traverso-devel] track gain automation
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:31:05 -0500

greetings!

call me crazy, but i'm thinking about actually producing my band's CD using
traverso.

my current debate is about whether to do the mix in traverso, or just use it as
an edit platform, and connect through jack to another program for the mix and
effects. i would love to keep things in traverso, and i do think the devs have
done an excellent job with the audio math -- digital summing in traverso sounds
very fine to my ears.

OTOH... there are a few key things which i believe are still missing. please
confirm the status of the following features:

1. track and subgroup gain automation (this is the biggie, for me)...

clip gain automation, as it stands, is very nicely implemented, but there are
two cases in which it is woefully inadequate: 1. a long, gradual change in gain
over numerous clips, and 2. gain changes in a number of tracks simultaneously,
i.e. if i have a number of mics on an instrument, which i've unified into one
instrument sound through a subgroup.

2. automatic clip crossfades

building every crossfade by individually setting both the fade out and the fade
in is quite tedious. there should be an option for automatic crossfades
whenever clips are overlapped, or some other method for building crossfades
more quickly.

3. lv2 plugin GUI implementation

there are some plugins which really require the visual feedback of their GUI --
compression is the foremost example.

4. plugin parameter automation

5. pan automation

thanks very much for all your work thus far.... the more time i spend in
traverso, the more i love it.

cheers!

--
.pltk.