Re: [Traverso-devel] negative markers gone

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] negative markers gone
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:57:24 +0100

Hello Peter,

> haven't compiled git for a couple of days now (i'm actually out of the
>  house doing a bunch of work... hehe), but i see from the log that you've
>  prevented placing markers in negative time. i suppose that's a good thing
>  to fix, and would have looked like a bug to most folks -- i always thought
>  it was kinda wierd and cool that we could place markers out there! not
>  really useful, but i always thought, "wow, let's put some markers in
>  negative time, just because we CAN, and it's so WIERD!"

I think you did it, travel back in time! I never thought Traverso would be
that powerful. (to clarify: your email was send according to my mail program
on 03/07/08 10:48 AM)

Curious though that the commit log you noticed was from yesterday.... Time
travel isn't my expertise though :)

> i'm eager to look at the new trackfinder... it'll be a few days before i
>  get a chance to really dive back in.

Bits and bytes on various places, no rocket science, but certainly nice
improvements.

Trackfinder:

< K >
type in the first letters of the track to find
if the drop down list shows the track you want topmost hit enter
or use key arrows to select the track, hit enter
start editing the track

I'll hope your time travel back to the future works as good as the other way
around now that Traverso can't set Markers in negative time ;)
(Does one really need or want such a 'feature' ?)

Cheers,