Re: [Traverso-devel] Proposal: changing Sheet concept in Traverso

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Proposal: changing Sheet concept in Traverso
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 20:06:43 +0200

Hi and thanks for the response!

Current git is evolving into this:

Sheet: tracks, buses, aux buses, master bus.
Project: buses, aux buses, master bus.

the tracks, buses, and master bus of a sheet can send to any bus in that sheet
or project.
The Project buses will be your 'mixer'.

We figured this might become a bit complex, so slimed it down to:

Sheet: tracks
Project: buses, aux buses, master bus.

So a Sheet is merely a tracks container. So it then started to make sense to
move tracks to project level too, so you have:

Project: tracks, buses, aux buses, master bus.
Sheet: is a  tracks  _view_ displaying a number of tracks from project.

The latter one being my proposal.

If we keep the _current_ situation in git, you can use sheets to:
Record your tracks in, route those tracks to buses, route those buses to aux
buses, or sheet master bus.
That equals: sheet has it's own mixer!

Then route from your sheet mixer (sheet (master) bus(es)) to project mixer
buses or project master bus.

Does that make sense ?