Re: [Traverso-devel] Proposal: changing Sheet concept in Traverso

From: plutek
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Proposal: changing Sheet concept in Traverso
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:27:46 -0400

Excerpts from Remon Sijrier's message of Tue Jun 08 14:06:43 -0400 2010:

> Current git is evolving into this:
>
> Sheet: tracks, buses, aux buses, master bus.
> Project: buses, aux buses, master bus.
>
> --SNIP--
>
> If we keep the _current_ situation in git, you can use sheets to:
> Record your tracks in, route those tracks to buses, route those buses to aux
> buses, or sheet master bus.
> That equals: sheet has it's own mixer!
>
> Then route from your sheet mixer (sheet (master) bus(es)) to project mixer
> buses or project master bus.
>
> Does that make sense ?

makes sense to me.

so, if i understand correctly, we have a track/bus/master mixer on a per-sheet
basis -- this allows sheets to have their own mix setups. then, we *also* have
a global project bus/master mixer to which sheet outputs can be routed
arbitrarily.

that seems like a really cool idea, since it gives us *both* individual song
mixing where we can deal with the unique aspects of each song *and* global
project mixing where we can deal with overall song-to-song sound. then,
sequencing the songs is all that's left if the material is going to a linear
format. that, i assume, could still be easily done on another sheet, with
exported files.

cheers!

--
.pltk.