Re: [Traverso-devel] Crash in current git code

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Crash in current git code
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:52:19 +0100

Hi Ben,

> I know it's been a while...  :)

LOL!

> I hope all is well with you!

Yes, I'm fine. Somewhat busy, but that's life ;)

> I'm finally playing with the latest git code.  (My first time since
> the move to git(!!).)  It looks great.
>
> But I did noticed a crash whenever I hover the mouse over the TimeLineView.

Ah yes, I actually uploaded a particular change in the 'qwerty navigation'
logic that shouldn't have been uploaded. So that's a tiny bit of a mess now,
and needs love.

> Here's my backtrace.  I'm on a mac, running Qt 4.7, and portaudio.  It
> looks like, in TimeLineView::mouse_hover_move_event(),
> cpointer().scene_pos() is failing because the cpointer's m_port value
> is NULL.  I don't remember where that is supposed to be set...
>
> If you remind me how that is supposed to get set up, I can go looking
> for it.  But I'm sure you could find and fix this faster than I could.

Good question, it's actually something I'm not certain about. This problem
needs a proper designed solution, explaining the problem probably takes as
much time as fixing it so..... :P

But if you want to get your hands dirty on the current git code, I could
probably find something for you to work on!

Cheers, and welcome back!