Re: [Traverso-devel] Key shorcuts re-evaluated

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Key shorcuts re-evaluated
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:19:16 +0200

Evening,

> Wow, finally you decided to code a shorcut editor. The snapshots look
> promising!

Yep :)

After using the system for a bit I quickly found out there was more work to
do, the context menu (right mouse button) no longer worked properly, so I fixed
that today, it now even supports hold type shortcuts from the menu like Gain
(G key) or Move (D key).
To finish the editing for such 'shortcuts' from the menu, you'll have to press
the enter key, or Esc to reject as usual.

This way of editing was actually quite pleasant, there was no longer a need to
keep a key pressed, so I merged that into the shortcuts system, so now you can
press a key like G or D, and with the arrow keys or mouse change the gain
value or move an object around, and finish the editing by hitting enter.
The obvious downside is that to finish a 'hold shortcut' you always have to hit
enter, instead of only releasing the 'hold shortcut' key.
The upside: no more acrobatics needed to press additional keys for the edit
action, or the esc key.

Of course user configurable, see the keyboard section in the preferences
dialog.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, you'd better checkout git :)

Cheers, Remon