uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Blogpost about docker container

From: Charles Goyard
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Blogpost about docker container
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 23:41:17 +0200

Hi Axel,

address@hidden wrote:
> after a long vacation on 802.15.4 I recently summarized my experiences using
> docker containers to host embedded toolchains.

excellent topic! I totally agree with 'ends up in a "golden"
installation on a single computer that is kept like a treasure' :). I
run Archlinux and have daily updates, so my toolchain is often
half-broken.

One pain point I have with cross compiling and docker is how to provide
libraries. Maybe the answer is as easy as having all dependencies pulled
in a thirdparty/ (or vendor/) directory.

Thanks !

--
Charles