[VM] VM displaying images

From: jrd
Subject: [VM] VM displaying images
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 07:15:54 -0400

Hi folks.  Apologies ahead of time if this is a dumb question; I
researched a bit and didn't find anything which looks apropos.

I have a situation where VM sometimes displays inline images, and
sometimes doesn't, and it's not obvious to me why.  Is there a good
way to enable debugging of message display processing, so I can get a
handle on the decisions which are being made?  Alternatively,
suggestions on where I could start instrumenting the code to dig into
it?  I'm reasonably fluent in el, just looking for hints on where to
poke.

I'm running gentoo x86-64
kernel 3.2.2
emacs 23.4