Re: [VM] vm-set-labels question

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] vm-set-labels question
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:29:05 +0000

Julian Bradfield writes:

> I don't understand this code. Where is it that it sets the labels on
> the real message and the virtual messages of the message?

I don't think I understood the code all that clearly either.

You are right that it is not doing anything to the virtual mirrors.  But the
virtual mirrors probably don't have their own labels.  They just share the
real message's labels.  So, the visible effect is what I have written in the
doc string.

The function is however setting the undo-records and buffer-modification
flags for the virtual mirrors.

Cheers,
Uday