Re: [VM] VM suddenly becoming slow on accessing imap server

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] VM suddenly becoming slow on accessing imap server
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 10:54:11 +0100

Robert Marshall writes:

> When there's a long delay waiting for the messages to arrive emacs is
> thrashing the CPU so it's not a network problem - or at least not one
> where it's timing out on something.

You can find what subprocesses are running inside Emacs by doing:

  ESC-: (process-list)

If there are run-away processes that shouldn't be there, you should either
kill the Emacs session and restart, or you can use your elisp knowledge to
`delete-process' all the offending subprocesses.  I don't know a better way.

Cheers,
Uday