Re: [VM] MIME encoding/decoding

From: Volker A. Brandt
Subject: Re: [VM] MIME encoding/decoding
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:22:09 +0200

Dear Uday!

Thank you for keeping VM alive.

> VM has traditionally shipped with C programs for MIME encoding/decoding.
[...]
> So, I am thinking of getting rid of the C programs for MIME.  Does anybody
> see any problem with that?

Maybe they could be bundled in a separate distribution file?
And there could be some hooks in VM that would use the binaries
if found in $PATH, and fall back to Lisp code if they aren't found?

Best regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email: address@hidden
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt